When it comes to searching for a specific term or concept on Google Search, there are a few simple helpful hints to keep in mind to make your search more successful in less time. One or two words will give you more results than an entire sentence.
- First, be straightforward and simple. No matter what you’re looking into, keep it easy and simple in just a short key word(s).
- Don’t worry about spelling, there’s an automated spell checker built-in to Google that will default your search to the most common spelling of any given word.
- Use the most common or popular topic words to get the best results.
- If you need to search for an exact phrase, put quotation marks around your words, for example a search for “George Bush” will miss pages that refer to George W. Bush.
- Use descriptive words to get more relevant results when you need to narrow your results.
- Searches are not case-sensitive.
- Searches ignore punctuation and special characters.