Consider this article, adapted from: https://catalystleader.com/read/7-reasons-leaders-quit-your-organization
Ron Edmondson found 7 reasons leaders tend to quit:
- They couldn’t live out their personal vision – Leaders are internally driven. They have personal visions in addition to the vision of the organization.
- They were told no too many times – Leaders have ideas they want to see implemented.
- They felt unappreciated/never recognized for their abilities -– This goes for all team members. People need to know that what they are offering is valued.
- They were given no voice – Leaders want input into the direction of the organization.
- They were left clueless as to the future of the organization – Leaders need inside information so they feel ownership in the overall direction of the organization.
- Their vision doesn’t match the vision of the organization – This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but is best discovered before the leader joins the team.
- They were micromanaged – Leaders don’t need managing as much as they need releasing. Leaders need to help chart their future.