Someone once said, a defining attribute of a “cultural gem” institution is “having
something very precious to share with your community and then integrating it, making it meaningful and relevant to the life of that community.”
In other words, the key to notoriety is SHARING shamelessly.
So folks, I’m keeping it short and sweet—define your community, actively engage with your community, find something meaningful to share and relate to your community.
Here are some potential communities:
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
- Association of University Technology Managers
- Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research
- Society of Research Administrators International
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators
- Federal Demonstration Partnership
- Council on Governmental Relations
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Organization of Research Development Professionals