First day of school! First day of school! First day of school!
I am the biggest nerd, I know, but I am so excited for today. Technically classes don’t start until Monday, but the courseroom (with syllabus and eBooks) is already open (I checked at 5am on my day off) and I have the entire weekend blocked for some quality pre-reading.
Fall is for a new school year. Period. The last few years have been terrible fall seasons without pens and notebooks and interesting discussions. This is why I’m going back to school. This feeling right now, pure joy at knowing that classes start TODAY!!!
Seriously, I know there are more people like me out there. You can do this. You can get your PhD. Check your employer’s tuition reimbursement policy. You might be suprised! I’m going for zero student loan debt for this degree. You can do this, too.
The best things about a new school year are:
- Smell of wood pencil shavings
- New package of colored Sharpie pens
- New and pressed college-ruled notepad
- Perfectly setup file folder tree
- Gloriously detailed syllabus
- New calendar, waiting for due dates
- List of exciting research topic ideas
- New overear headphones
- New touchscreen convertible laptop
- First ever daycare study day
- Cold air, warm sweaters
- Fresh coat of green paint in the office
- New cozy bowl chair with fuzzy blanket
- Ridiculously fuzzy area carpet
- Dark chocolate kisses and almonds
- New library card
- Panera Bread gift card
- New water bottle
- New BOOKS
- Peace of mind tuition reimbursement
- Course phone apps
- Assignment count-down apps
- Color-coding by course
- WORKING AHEAD
- Learning something I never knew was possible and finding out how truly amazing this beautiful world truly is.